The goal of the course is to share detailed knowledge on how to achieve an esthetic and long-term outcome around dental implants that mimics the surrounding dentition and soft-tissue condition as well as morphology. The subepithelial connective tissue graft is a favored option to treat and prevent gingival and peri-implant soft-tissue recessions. It is usually placed in combination with a coronally advanced flap or with an envelope flap or pouch.
The lecture will focus on the surgical and prosthetic criteria for soft tissue grafting procedures as a volume maintainer in anterior implantology. There will be discussed techniques and tools that help to achieve the most optimal esthetic results.
This course covers two alternative protocols in implantology – the delayed and immediate implant placement. The lecturer will emphasize the differences between the two alternatives in the concept and management of treatment.
This course is directed to any professional willing to improve their knowledge regarding implants into the esthetic area.
All you need to know about delayed implant placement in the anterior esthetic area taking as a volume maintainer subepithelial connective tissue graft (CTG) from tuberosity.
“CONTROLLING THE SOFT TISSUE VOLUMES & SCALLOPING…”
All you need to know about immediate implant placement into fresh extraction sockets – from diagnostics to detail execution of final implant restoration to achieve the inconspicuous result.
“THE ART OF COMPENSATING RESORPTION…”
Once he settled in 1998, he started in Donostia-San Sebastian his private practice and couple years later started giving lectures and multidisciplinary courses in dentistry.
Today he mainly focuses on hands-on courses directed to esthetics in implantology and teaching techniques to improve patient satisfaction and long term esthetic results.
- Graduated in Dentistry at the University Odontológica Dominicana, 1989
- Certificate in Occlusion and Temporo-Mandibular Disorders at the Mexican Association of Occlusal Reconstruction in México City, 1989-90
- Certificate in Restorative Dentistry at the Autonoma of Nuevo León University in Monterey, México, 1990-92
- Certificate in Prosthodontics & Master of Science in Dentistry. University of Washington-Seattle (USA), 1993-96 was awarded with the Bolender Contest Award for clinical and academic excellence
- Certificate in Oral & Craneofacial Implant Fellowship Program. University of Texas, Houston (USA), 1996-97
- Affiliate Professor, Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Washington Dental School, Seattle (Washington) since 2001
- Assistant Professor, Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia (Pennsylvania) since 2007
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Periodontics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta (Georgia) since 2009
- Editor in Chief of Quintessence Técnica Journal (Spanish version)
- Active Member of the European Academy of Esthetics Dentistry, since 2002
- Member of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry, since 2011
- Founder member of “the Ponti Group”, Chicago 2012
- Author of the book “EVOLUTION : Contemporary Protocols for Anterior Single Tooth Implants” I. Gamborena/ M. B. Blatz by Quintessence Publishing Co Inc, 2014
- Inventor of the “slim temporary abutment concept: maximizing space for soft tissue growth” Nobelbiocare, November 2014
- Maintains private practice in San Sebastian, Spain, dedicated to Aesthetics, Restorative Dentistry and Implants
The course language is English with simultaneous translation into Russian.
9:00 Registration of participants
10:00 Lecture: Soft tissue concept & trends restoring implants
11:30 Coffee break
12:00 Lecture: Soft tissue concept criteria / Delayed implant treatment
14:30 Lecture: Soft tissue concept criteria / Immediate implant treatment
16:00 Coffee break
16:30 Lecture: Managing failures with implants in the esthetic area
17:30 General discussion & course summary
18:00 Certificates, Celebration
Tornimäe street 3, Tallinn
Participants of the conference can book rooms at Swissôtel Tallinn at a special price. When booking, please be sure to indicate the PROMOTION CODE “GPDT”.
Prices do not include VAT (20%)
On-site registration is possible if there are vacancies, but this is not guaranteed. We encourage participants to pre-register online.
The registration fee will be fully refunded if you give notice of your cancellation of participation by 19/10/2019 (incl.) at the latest to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel your participation after 19/10/2019, the registration fee will not be refunded.
Dr. Pierpaolo Cortellini
“The power of teamwork”
I have participated in the Pierpaolo Cortellini course in April 2019. I was pleased to meet the doctor and get new information that is of huge interest and should be used in everyday practice. I express my deep gratitude to the organizers of the conference for a rich and manifold program, its high professional level and the relevance of the topics.
“Excellent organization and professionality”
I arrived especially from Germany for the course of Eduard Anchakov “VV1E” in Tallinn on 2-3 March 2018. It was one of the best courses in surgery and implantology. The surgical protocol was very clear and useful in everyday practice. Special thanks to Tatjana Kashunina and Periodent team for the excellent organization and professionality of the event. I will definitely return.
Saint Petersburg, Russia
“Brilliant event management”
I took part in the Periodent Conference on 2-3 March 2018 – a two-day dental event in Tallinn with dr. Eduard Anchakov lecturing and operating live. I much appreciate the efforts and brilliant event management shown by Periodent team. I have attended dr. Anchakov’s lectures on numerous occasions before and that particular event in Tallinn aroused an immense interest among doctors from across the Baltics. I would like to say thank you for the top-notch work by the organizers!